05/01/2012

THE SOMNAMBULIST: A TV BOOK CLUB BEST READ FOR 2012...


The VV is thrilled to announce that her Victorian gothic novel, The Somnambulist, will be featured in the new season of Channel 4's TV Book Club. An author interview will be aired on the evening of February 12th 2012, and this year the Book Club is expanding its scope so that any who might already have read the novel will be able to submit reviews (by webcam, audio, or simply in text) to be aired during the programme. For more information on how to review please see this link but the deadline is January 29th.

To tie in with the television series, the publication date of the paperback edition of the novel has been brought forward from April. It also has a different cover to that originally planned - now being another version of the hardback design, but in a lovely lush, fractured red.

To read what others think of the novel, please see the reviews page of The Somnambulist News.

The VV has one paperback copy of The Somnambulist to give away - though in this case the offer will be restricted to those who reside in the UK. Simply leave a comment below and on Wednesday January 18th the winner will be chosen and the book sent off by first class post.

11 comments:

  1. I saw this on the website this morning. Congratulations! Here's hoping for massive sales. It's a great novel. I shall be watching when it's aired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sally. I'm still pinching myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Congratulations, Essie. I love the new cover. I subscribed to your blog and have been enjoying your posts. I found it when I was doing research about Victorian culture for my art. Yes, I'm a Victorian era enthusiast and I'm learning more and more all the time. Thank you for being such a fun source.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fiona very excited to tell me that her co (Book People/Book Events)is including it on their roster. I'll tell her to big it up with their agents!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! I'm still waiting for the copy I ordered right after Christmas to arrive here in Seattle. I can't wait to read it (although now I want a paperback copy as well!).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I received two paperback samples yesterday ... They are lovely. The white is embossed and has the faintest silvery glow. Really love the it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very many congratulations! I shall look forward to 12 Feb!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! Very much looking forward to seeing the interview on the 12th Feb. I will pop into a bookstore to see (and buy) the paperback. It sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. When will it be published in the US?
    I'm so looking foward to reading it!
    Jottingswithjasmine.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm really not sure Tracy, but you can buy from Book Depository which ships anywhere in world for free, and it might now be on Amazon.com

    ReplyDelete